Saturday, March 14, 2009

Old Love

Doesn't seem possible that you're gone
Think about it everyday and it just rips me apart
Foolin myself into thinking im okay
Thinking I don't need you
Keep tryin to tell myself
I don't love you
You mean nothing to me
But deep down I know its not true
I look at your picture
My heart flutters
It even kinda hurts
I fell in love with you the moment I laid eyes on you
The moment I knew your name
You became my everything.
I used to think you were my destiny
I used to think I controlled my fate
Im beginning to think Im wrong
Keep tryin to tell myself everything'll be okay
But its all a lie and I know it
I cant believe I ever let you go
But I thought youd come back to me
Keep telling myself its like Mariah careys butterfly song
You'll come back
But I don't think that's the truth anymore
Don't think ill ever get you back
And it only hurts when I see your eyes
When I hear your voice
And when I say your name.
All my memories are with you
Cant think of a time in my life
When I wasn't with you
All my stories contain your name
But the biggest one ends in shame.
Cant believe im so stupid
So stupid to let you go
To loose you
What a dope!
I promised you once id wait forever
And I guess Im still waiting.
Wish you could understand
That id never hurt you again.
Id do anything for one more chance
To prove you wrong
To show them all up
To show you that I love you
Always have
Always will.
No matter what
Theres no deeper love
Than what I have for you.
I don't care what she says
Remember when I told you
No one could love you like I can
It's the truth
And it always will be.
Maybe one day you'll see.
Maybe one day you'll notice
Me, standing here all alone.
But until that day
I guess I'm just stuck
Waiting
For something that seems impossible.
Better hurry
Because if ya take too long
Someone else might come along
They might heal this broken heart
They might fix the broken
And then
Just maybe
Ill fall in love
Once again.
And you'll be stuck
With no one!

No comments:

Post a Comment